Skip to main content

VACATION and BIRTHDAY!

(image courtesy of www.alifethroughthelens.etsy.com - you can buy a print of this here!)

Commence drooling!

I finally have a week off from my day job all next week. I am going to completely disconnect from the internet, computers, phones, and any sign of technology. I will be doing the following:


* needle felting


* drooling a little


* needle felting


* eating cake with my lovely friends because September 18th is my 31st BIRTHDAY! (my kind friend Erin is hosting the party at her house - so I don't even have to clean for it!)


* going to the New England Aquarium to visit my friends the harbor seals (favorite animal, by the way)


* doing outside things like canoeing, bird watching, nature tours, tubing on a river (can you say cold tush?)


* doing inside things like BRUNCH at my favorite brunch place (Sneakers in Winooski) and baking pies and learning how to roast a turkey (not kidding - I'm clueless!)


* RELAXING (hugely important)


* eating more cake


I hope everyone has a marvelous week. September is my favorite month!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday in advance! I wish you have a wonderful break and lots and lots of fun! September is my favorite month too! Big hugs my friend! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your birthday week is wonderful~ and that your year is even better! We love Sept., too~ both of our children are born in September and our wedding anniversary :)
    Your plans sound perfect!
    Enjoy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Wool and the Future of Woolnimals

I love animals. The greatest moments in my life involve animals. In fact, there isn’t a fond memory that I have that doesn’t somehow include animals or the natural world.
It’s not surprising that my hobbies and artistic pursuits have always involved the animal world as well. Over time, my interests focused on needle felting and creating small friends that make me smile and bring joy to others. I’ve had my Woolnimals needle felting business for nearly a decade and it has been a huge source of happiness and relaxation for me.
Shortly before I left college, I changed my major from English to Eco-Psychology. I began studying the connections between humans and the natural world. My studies focused on the understanding that direct experiences with wilderness and the natural world foster compassion and a sense of place. In turn, this sense of belonging fosters stewardship for the natural world. When we feel that we’re an important part of something, we tend to take care of it. We come to …

Shop Update!

These new friends are now available in my Woolnimals Etsy Shop! Free shipping too!

Thar He Blows!

Sometimes you just need a whale made out of wool. I know I do. I almost can't stand to sell this whale because I've been trying to perfect the shape for months. I finally got him looking how I want him to look...but I can't tell you how many whale-esque cat toys there are floating around my house. I think he's one of my favorite creations ever...and he's for sale in my shop!