Skip to main content

On Beauty...

I'm unabashedly an Etsy addict. I have more feedback about things I've purchased than things I've sold - and I have a considerably large collection of artwork and handmade items from Etsians. It's kind of a problem. I know (deep down in my marrow) that I don't need any more things - that I am content to Make Do and Mend - that I can be happy without possessions. While that may be true, I also like beautiful little things.

Unfortunately, I'm on a spending freeze. The husband and I have decided that some of my hard-earned craft dollars should go back into our savings account to help cover the cost of wool and expenses - at least until I've made back what I spent to get my shop up and running. When and if I am ever square again and making a little profit, I will know exactly what to spend it on:

This...

and this...

oh...and this.

Skeptis is the first of many stops on my future spending spree. I love Nat's shop and was delighted to see that she featured my chubby duffers in a hilarious post on her awesome blog. I love her jewelry. Love. It.
In the meantime, I will continue to make Treasuries and scope out the Etsy scene and watch my Favorites list grow to ridiculous proportions. I'm doing fine "going without," but I have to admit, with artists like Nat floating around in the world, sometimes it's kind of agony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Wool and the Future of Woolnimals

I love animals. The greatest moments in my life involve animals. In fact, there isn’t a fond memory that I have that doesn’t somehow include animals or the natural world.
It’s not surprising that my hobbies and artistic pursuits have always involved the animal world as well. Over time, my interests focused on needle felting and creating small friends that make me smile and bring joy to others. I’ve had my Woolnimals needle felting business for nearly a decade and it has been a huge source of happiness and relaxation for me.
Shortly before I left college, I changed my major from English to Eco-Psychology. I began studying the connections between humans and the natural world. My studies focused on the understanding that direct experiences with wilderness and the natural world foster compassion and a sense of place. In turn, this sense of belonging fosters stewardship for the natural world. When we feel that we’re an important part of something, we tend to take care of it. We come to …

Shop Update!

These new friends are now available in my Woolnimals Etsy Shop! Free shipping too!

Thar He Blows!

Sometimes you just need a whale made out of wool. I know I do. I almost can't stand to sell this whale because I've been trying to perfect the shape for months. I finally got him looking how I want him to look...but I can't tell you how many whale-esque cat toys there are floating around my house. I think he's one of my favorite creations ever...and he's for sale in my shop!