Skip to main content

Empty Nest Syndrome?

I'm awed by how quickly some of my plumpy wool creatures have sold on Etsy. Some of my favorites are being shipped out tomorrow. Some are going to Argentina, and the UK, and California. Since each of these creatures takes many hours of work, I do develop a little bond with the finished piece. We sort of had a journey together, from beginning to end, and I poked my fingers a lot along the way and swore loudly. I'm so thrilled with the feedback and encouragement about my art. People seem to love the little duffers, and I'm honored to be sending them to good homes.

Today I listed a little penguin chick...and hopefully I can make use of some daylight soon to photograph and list another lion, an inchworm, a barn owl, and some more penguins in love...! I'm going to make some more foxes because they're just so much fun to make.

And lastly, in sadder news, one of the cats had a hairball all over my photography backgrounds. Two of my favorites are ruined, including the snowy scene (see below) I use for the penguins. I guess it's a good thing in the long run, because there just aren't snowy trees in Penguinland....time for some creative beginnings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July Sale & GIVEAWAY!!!

I'm happy to announce I'll be participating in Etsy's annual Christmas in July sale! From July 15th to July 25th all domestic and international orders will include FREE SHIPPING! As usual, all of my items come gift-wrapped, so if you have your eye on something as a holiday or birthday gift, now's the time to take advantage of FREE SHIPPING ! Also, I'm officially announcing my first GIVEAWAY (*applause*)...This Giveaway is a blatant attempt to bring traffic to my shop and expose the world to the ridiculous cuteness of my creatures. It's also a way to say THANK YOU to anyone reading my blatherings on this blog all the time. So here goes... ********************************************************************************* Bird on Wire Studio's FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY FOR THE HECK OF IT! Rules: 1. Comment on this blog with your name and email (required) and you will be entered once. 2. Post this giveaway to your blog, twitter, facebook, etc. and leave me a separat...

100 Sales & Giveaway

I am so grateful to announce that my little Etsy shop has reached 100 sales!!! I originally opened my shop in 2006 to sell paintings of birds on wires, but reinvented myself this past year. I listed the first 20 needle felted items on March 2nd. Since then, I've received so much positive feedback, made so many friends, and have grown my art immensely (go take a look at the first few listings!) In celebration of the first 100 sales, I'm offering a giveaway! The giveaway prize is the Plumpie that started it all - featured on the Etsy Finds blog and the item that generated the first wave of real interest in my shop - the sitting fox . I will make you one of your own, but you can see an example below: To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment with your contact information. One entry per person. The giveaway ends November 26th at 8:00 pm EST , with the drawing on November 27th. I'll announce the winner on Saturday, November 27th.

On Wool and the Future of Woolnimals

I love animals. The greatest moments in my life involve animals. In fact, there isn’t a fond memory that I have that doesn’t somehow include animals or the natural world. It’s not surprising that my hobbies and artistic pursuits have always involved the animal world as well. Over time, my interests focused on needle felting and creating small friends that make me smile and bring joy to others. I’ve had my Woolnimals needle felting business for nearly a decade and it has been a huge source of happiness and relaxation for me. Shortly before I left college, I changed my major from English to Eco-Psychology. I began studying the connections between humans and the natural world. My studies focused on the understanding that direct experiences with wilderness and the natural world foster compassion and a sense of place. In turn, this sense of belonging fosters stewardship for the natural world. When we feel that we’re an important part of something, we tend to take care of it. We com...