Skip to main content

Photography Studio

Vermont winters are long and dark. Since my day job consumes most of the daylit hours, I often come home in the winter in the dark. It's depressing at times, but worse? I have to wait until my busy weekends to photograph my products. Bummer! I finally decided to purchase a lightbox and some studio lights from Amazon. It arrived yesterday, and while it's a little rickety, it will work beautifully. I had to do a little tweaking of the pictures on Picnik.com, but I think ultimately this will work out really well for me as an interim light source.

Here's the set up in my art studio. The picture looked a lot brighter on my camera screen, but it's a little dim here. I wonder if it's my monitor settings. Hmm....
Here's the pig before tweaking on Picnik.com:

And after adjusting the light balance. Again, I think my monitor may be funny, so if the first one looks better than the second one, let me know!

And it just so happens that this little piggie is available for sale in my shop today!

All in all, I'm happy with the result. It sure beats having to wait several days every time I finish a Plumpie. Oof!

Hope your day is bright today!

Comments

  1. Do you have tungsten light bulbs in the lamps? That usually helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July Sale & GIVEAWAY!!!

I'm happy to announce I'll be participating in Etsy's annual Christmas in July sale! From July 15th to July 25th all domestic and international orders will include FREE SHIPPING! As usual, all of my items come gift-wrapped, so if you have your eye on something as a holiday or birthday gift, now's the time to take advantage of FREE SHIPPING ! Also, I'm officially announcing my first GIVEAWAY (*applause*)...This Giveaway is a blatant attempt to bring traffic to my shop and expose the world to the ridiculous cuteness of my creatures. It's also a way to say THANK YOU to anyone reading my blatherings on this blog all the time. So here goes... ********************************************************************************* Bird on Wire Studio's FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY FOR THE HECK OF IT! Rules: 1. Comment on this blog with your name and email (required) and you will be entered once. 2. Post this giveaway to your blog, twitter, facebook, etc. and leave me a separat...

100 Sales & Giveaway

I am so grateful to announce that my little Etsy shop has reached 100 sales!!! I originally opened my shop in 2006 to sell paintings of birds on wires, but reinvented myself this past year. I listed the first 20 needle felted items on March 2nd. Since then, I've received so much positive feedback, made so many friends, and have grown my art immensely (go take a look at the first few listings!) In celebration of the first 100 sales, I'm offering a giveaway! The giveaway prize is the Plumpie that started it all - featured on the Etsy Finds blog and the item that generated the first wave of real interest in my shop - the sitting fox . I will make you one of your own, but you can see an example below: To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment with your contact information. One entry per person. The giveaway ends November 26th at 8:00 pm EST , with the drawing on November 27th. I'll announce the winner on Saturday, November 27th.

On Wool and the Future of Woolnimals

I love animals. The greatest moments in my life involve animals. In fact, there isn’t a fond memory that I have that doesn’t somehow include animals or the natural world. It’s not surprising that my hobbies and artistic pursuits have always involved the animal world as well. Over time, my interests focused on needle felting and creating small friends that make me smile and bring joy to others. I’ve had my Woolnimals needle felting business for nearly a decade and it has been a huge source of happiness and relaxation for me. Shortly before I left college, I changed my major from English to Eco-Psychology. I began studying the connections between humans and the natural world. My studies focused on the understanding that direct experiences with wilderness and the natural world foster compassion and a sense of place. In turn, this sense of belonging fosters stewardship for the natural world. When we feel that we’re an important part of something, we tend to take care of it. We com...